Foot fetishism has certainly reached an all time high, with many people all over the world paying attention to some of the most ignored body parts.
While this may seem like a weird thing, and one would only have to understand that some people may have their own quirks, foot fetishists do have something good going for them; they know that taking care of feet is important.
After all, it is a body part which can be prone to all sorts of infections, especially when covered up while still moist and warm. In fact, toes can get infected with toe nail fungus, which is perhaps a common condition, regardless of how much people would deny having them.
This condition can attack the nail beds, and can go all the way up to the roots as well. It will attach to the skin, until an opening has been found, which the toe nail is most often. This fungus can attack the big toe, or even the rest of the toes, which would then lead to a lot of unsightly changes.
A person with toe nail fungus will have brittle nails that can spit quite easily, discoloration, some discomfort every time he or she wears shoes, deformed toe nails and even feet that emit foul odor. Yet, to get a better understanding of how toe nail fungus develops, one has to know the different causes of it.
Below are just some facts that people should be made aware of in order to avert toe nail fungus from developing on their feet.
- Poor blood circulation – This is definitely a contributor to the development of fungus in the toe nails. When there is restriction in the flow of blood in a person’s feet, the toe nails can lose a lot of nutrients which would then lead it to become susceptible to fungal attacks. Based on information provided by the American Diabetes Association, diabetics are likely to experience toe nail fungus due to the lack of proper circulation in the feet. Blood vessels will become dense and hard, which then makes it pretty difficult for blood to get flowing. It may even lead to some problems in the body’s natural ability to fend off any infection.
- Skin moisture – This is certainly something which leads to fungal infections. Some people actually love to swim, and they would often forget to wipe their feet dry after doing so and putting proper clothes back on. This is also something which many individuals forget to do after taking a shower. They’d put their socks on, trapping water or even some sweat in the foot, thus increasing the possibility of fungus penetrating the nail beds.
- Improper nail salon grooming – Getting a pedicure is a lovely thing for the ladies, although doing so at a salon may increase their chances of getting toe nail fungus, especially when the equipment used hasn’t been sterilized or properly cleaned. Using the same old tools over and over again without making sure that they’ve been cleaned can definitely lead to the development of this condition, especially with so many toe nails having been treated in a day.
These are just some of the few causes for toe nail fungus developing among both sexes.
It really doesn’t matter if a person decides to sit still inside their house and not even go out in the open; there’s always a chance that any individual would get to suffer at least one scar in their entire lifetime.
Scars are wounds that have healed over time, and can take up a variety of appearances. Some may look like simple blemishes on the skin, while others might have that embossed look which is more along the lines of keloids.
Regardless of which ever type a person picks up, it can still be quite unsightly. Some may be proud to wear them on their skin as a display of the experiences they’ve acquired in their lives, but for the common folk, they’d rather do without it.
People can be very much conscious about the appearance of their skin, and it is very important for them to maintain a smooth and flawless complexion as much as possible.Thankfully, one can seek comfort knowing that there are many scar treatments which are available for just about every type of scar.
While there are some creams and lotions which a person can take full advantage of, or even laser surgery to completely eliminate these scars in just one session, there may be some bit, or even a lot of money involved.
For the budget conscious, it’s nice to know that natural remedies have been made available to treat scars.
Below are some of these options for people with a budget to look into.
- Aloe Vera – also known as Aloe barbadensis, this is considered as a highly effective home remedy which can treat residual scars to great results. Aloe vera gel works as natural bleach. This means that once a person applies it on the affected area regularly, they can certainly expect the gel to slowly eliminate the presence of the scar over time. It can even make it vanish entirely, which would only mean good things for those who don’t want to spend loads of money on creams and ointments from expensive brands.
- Cucumber – also known as Curcumissativus, cucumber proves to be of great help when it comes to removing any scar tissue on the body. Cucumber can be made into a paste which a person can apply directly onto their scars. Doing so will definitely smoothen out the scars, especially when the paste is left on the skin overnight.
- Indian Gooseberry – also known as Emblica officinalis or the amalaki, this is another natural remedy which can prevent scars from getting worse. It is very much rich in Vitamin C, an essential nutrient which is known to help in healing wounds a lot faster.
While these are just three of many natural remedies for scar, people can also alleviate such a skin issue by engaging in a proper diet.
Eating fiber rich foods or fruits and vegetables can definitely lead to a much faster healing of the skin. Even foods which are rich in protein do a tremendously effective job of getting rid of scars.
Stretch marks are often something that is predominantly a woman’s problem. Specifically, a pregnant woman’s problem. This is the main reason why men really do not concern themselves about getting stretch marks.
Unfortunately this is a thought that is actually wrong. This is because men can actually get stretch marks. Stretch marks are not just exclusive to women. This is the main reason men should accept the fact that there is a chance that they will get stretch marks.
For some men, getting stretch marks can be something that is a cause for anxiety. This is the main reason why men who are concerned about getting stretch marks should train themselves to find ways on how to avoid stretch marks.
Here are some tips that they may find interesting.
Avoid rapid weight gain
One of the major causes of stretch marks in men is rapid weight gain. This is a situation wherein men can grow fat in just a short period of time. When this happens, the skin can stretch too fast to the point that it will not be able to accommodate the bigger size of the body.
Rapid weight gain can overstretch the skin too much that the connective tissue underneath the skin will break and that growth will be the cause of the stretch marks. Men who are super concerned about getting stretch marks should really stick to a strict diet.
This will ensure that they will not get rapid weight gain that in turn, can generate stretch marks.
Maximize skin elasticity
One of the ways to avoid getting stretch marks is to maximize skin elasticity. Stretch marks are formed when skin is stretched way beyond its elastic limit. This is the main reason why people who are overtly concerned about getting stretch marks often go with looking for ways that can maximize their elasticity.
This means using creams and ointments that moisturize and makes the skin very elastic. Males undergoing puberty should definitely use these creams in order to avoid getting stretch marks.
This is because a man can get a huge growth spurt during puberty. As such, they can get stretch marks if their skin is not treated with these creams or ointments.
Treat stretch marks as soon as possible
When it comes to treating stretch marks, removing it becomes more difficult as the stretch marks remain on the skin longer. This is the main reason why one should get their stretch marks treated as soon as possible.
Stretch marks are easiest removed if they are treated as early as possible. The creams and ointments for treating stretch marks are more effective when used on fairly recent stretch marks.
This is also true for more complex treatments like laser therapy and even surgery. As such, those who do not like having stretch marks should immediately go to a skin clinic to get their stretch marks treated right away.
For men who wish to maximize their avoidance of stretch marks, they should seek the advice of their skin doctor. This way, they will be able to make intelligent decisions on their lifestyle that effectively maximizes their chances of not getting stretch marks and other skin problems.
It can be quite astonishing to know that, for all the complexities that it has, the human body can be rather fragile to a lot of conditions which would never really do any good for people.
From the most evident areas down to the most unnoticeable aspects, anything can happen and one would have to take extra precautions just to ensure that their body is kept as healthy as possible. Extra attention must be paid to the tiniest details, even a person’s toe nails.
While it’s not really something to be admired, save for a number of foot fetishists out there in the world, one would still need to make sure that his or her toe nails are properly taken care of. After all, it can be prone to toe nail fungus.
The truth is, there are several types of fungus present everywhere, and many of them can affect our bodies in different ways. Of course, this is a condition that can easily be neglected, yet people don’t even realize how embarrassing it can be, especially when they walk around the streets wearing flip flops or sandals.
Toe nail fungus is something which actually develops in warm and moist environments. For example, if a person decides to put his or her socks on despite the feet still wet, there’s a pretty good chance that dermatophytes will start growing under their nails, feeding on the keratin.
This will then lead to the development of fungus in the toe nails. Ignoring this condition leads to its worsening over time, with one’s toe nails getting attacked all the way up to the roots, leading to deformities once it grows back.
Below are just some signs of toe nail fungus to watch out for.
- Nails which are brittle and can split quite easily
- Nails which have grown back with deformities
- A lack of comfort every time a person wears shoes since the toe nails rub up against them
- A discoloration of the nails, appearing yellowish or even darkened
- Emitting a foul odor, especially in the advanced stage
There’s no doubt that having toe nail fungus can be quite the nightmare for some, especially when they keep their feet exposed to the public. It also doesn’t help matters that keeping the toes hidden will aggravate the condition further.
Thankfully, there have been a lot of treatments made available to add relief to for sufferers. In fact, there are a lot of anti fungal powders out in the market, although these are usually left for those who have fungal infections in their toe nails in the earlier stages.
There are even some creams which can help alleviate the later stages as well. As far as natural solutions are concerned, people should avoid wearing nylon socks, opting for cotton ones instead.
Nail polish, if women hadn’t realized it yet, may even make the condition a lot worse, despite them thinking that it can hide the flaws.
To truly resolve this condition, it would be better to seek out the help of a chiropodist. This professional can provide many solutions as well as the most effective medications to treat toenail fungus.
One cannot deny that he or she is very much concerned about how their skin looks. In fact, there are a lot of men and women in various parts of the world who are very much obsessed with attaining smooth, soft and healthy looking skin.
The media has certainly influenced their perceptions in terms of beauty, and the skin is very much a target. One would want to have that youthful glow, and blemish-free skin.
Yet, there are times that even the environment or the situations that a person deals with can affect the quality of their skin. In fact, in cases such as acne outbreaks, a person would be so annoyed with the fact that their skin is filled with pimples that they’d just end up scratching it, thus causing scars to form.
There are even some situations which are beyond a person’s control, such as an accidental occurrence, which has caused sharp objects to lacerate their precious skin, resulting in larger scars which are quite apparent.
Some would be proud to sport these scars as a way of displaying their personal experiences, yet many people just can’t deal with the fact that their skin has been ruined.
Yet, these scars can be treated with the aid of dermatologists who can assess what sorts of treatments are required to help reduce or even eliminate the visibility of these scars.
The big question, however, is: is every scar removal option out there effective?
- One can notice a lot of commercials highlighting products like skin creams on TV, even with celebrities endorsing them. These creams are said to help improve the condition of the skin and put a smile to people’s faces by evening out the blemishes and making the skin look healthier. However, these creams might require continuous use in order for someone who really wishes to take advantage of the benefits. The only problem is that some people may actually find them expensive. Yet, some products don’t really do anything for some individuals despite their prices.
- Scars can also be reduced through the use of a very basic method, which is proper dieting. Sometimes, the skin takes very long to heal due to the presence of toxins and unhealthy substances in the human body which prevents it from fully healing. Getting the right amount of nutrients can certainly improve the quality of a person’s skin. This wouldn’t really cost a lot, yet one would have to change certain aspects of their lifestyle in order to see any improvements.
- Some treatments consist of cosmetic procedures which can help people get the kind of skin they’ve always wanted – free of blemishes and imperfections. One form of treatment is laser therapy. Of course, the main problem with this is that not everyone is able to afford it. Cosmetic procedures cost a lot of money, and only a few are able to avail of its benefits.
To answer the question, “Is every scar removal remedy out there really effective,” for the most part, they are. However, it takes a lot of research, and even some deep pockets, to determine just what sort of treatment a person may require, along with the severity of the scars to be treated.
Too much stretching of your skin, which may be brought about by the quick growth underneath the skin can cause striae, or a condition more popularly referred to as stretch marks.
Weight gain, weight loss, pregnancy, puberty, and specific conditions like diabetes and Cushing’s syndrome can trigger the appearance of these stretch marks.
There are several treatments available which can improve overall appearance of the skin and one of the recently celebrated ones is called microdermabrasion.
What Is It?
Microdermabrasion is a process that makes use of tiny crystals, normally aluminum oxide, to abrade the first layer of the skin. With a hand held device, crystals will be blown on the skin and then vacuumed.
As these crystals will be swept away, dead skin will come along with it, giving birth to new and regenerated skin. This kind of treatment will work best on faded and older stretch marks, notes the Mayo Clinic.
The whole process involved in microdermabrasion encourages collagen growth and healthier, younger skin. Microdermabrasion has the power to diminish scarring, and the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines.
However, due to the fact that stretch marks can develop deeper at the level of connective tissues, microdermabrasion which is done only on the skin’s surface has very little effect.
How It Works
The treatment sends out signals in the skin and prompts it to rejuvenate. Results of several studies are very promising although more scientific research must be conducted when it comes to the treatment of stretch marks using microdermabrasion.
The process can reveal another layer of the skin that is normally healthier and tauter compared to the previous layer. A protein in the skin called elastin, which is found in the skin’s second layer, can help heal the stretch marks.
If you are thinking about getting microdermabrasion, you should have sufficient time to undergo the treatments.
Treatment will normally take 20 to 30 minutes and you will need about 12 to 15 sessions, which will normally depend on the age and severity of the condition, notes the CEBU Cardiovascular Center.
After every treatment, keep sun exposure to a minimum because the new and fresh skin is probe to burning and damage.
If you want to get microdermabrasion treatment, the great thing about it is the fact that healing time after the procedure is quick.
Compared to dermabrasion, which will often require the use of an anesthetic, microdermabrasion is performed while patients are conscious, so resting time after the treatment is not necessary. Post-procedure, the skin may appear sensitive and red but it will subside fast.
Microdermabrasion can be extremely useful for people who have dark skin, because it works on the structure of the skin and do not cause any changes in pigmentation which is a possible side effect of laser treatment.
Microdermabrasion is not recommended for you if you have big tattoos on the site of the stretch marks. Individuals suffering from keratoses or skin growths and skin cancer must not undergo treatment.
Those who have telangiectasias or red spots often seen in patients with rosacea, should stay away from microdermabrasion.